Transportation and Lodging
All registered participants are responsible for their own travel, lodging, and transportation arrangements. Notre Dame is located 94 miles to the east of Chicago and has air service to nearby (5 miles) South Bend International Airport with direct service to Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago O’Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, and Minneapolis. Hotel information is noted below.
Reserved Blocks of Rooms
Reserved blocks have been arranged at the following hotels:
- Morris Inn (on Notre Dame campus) This hotel is across from the conference center. Rate does not include breakfast or parking.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton South Bend at Notre Dame (12 minute walking distance)
- Fairfield Inn & Suites South Bend at Notre Dame (12 minute walking distance)
Other Lodging Options
- The Inn at St. Mary’s (30 minute walking distance, offers a shuttle to/from campus and to/from the airport)
- Hilton Garden Inn (30 minute walking distance, offers a shuttle to/from campus and to/from the airport)
- Ivy Court Inn & Suites (20 minute walking distance)
Obtaining a Visa
Non-US citizens/residents traveling to the US to attend Wave Workshop 2023 may require a visa. For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of State’s webpage. As the conference organizers cannot intervene with U.S. embassies and consulates on behalf of prospective attendees, please familiarize yourself with visa requirements as early as possible, well in advance (typically several months) of the meeting. Some embassies or consulates may have long wait times for scheduling a visa interview; current visa wait times can be found here.
Letter of Invitation
If you need a personal letter of invitation, please contact Diane Westerink, Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Wave Workshop Invitation Letter.”
All invitation letters will be sent via regular mail as most embassies and consulates do not accept invitation letters by email or fax. Please allow 14 days for the letter to be sent out to you and please provide the following information in your request:
- Full name (please specify family name and given name)
- Title (Professor, Dr, Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms, etc.)
- Full mailing address
- Telephone and fax numbers
- Email address